Following are the summary from the Consumer Protection Act 1999 Consumer Protection (Electronic Trade Transaction) Regulation 2012.
To view the file, please click here.
Those who operate a website that sell/provide services online; either eCommerce store or blog sell/provide services through online marketplace, eg: eBay, Lazada, Shoppee, Mudah
What to display?
- name or name of the company or name of the business that operates the online business
- company or business registration number
- contact address (email, telephone, address)
- description of goods or services provided
- full price of the goods or services. MUST include shipping cost, tax and other cost you intend to charge the buyer
- method of payment
- terms and conditions for the sale
- estimated time of delivery for goods purchased, including est time for all shipping options you offers
Errors & Proofs
- allow buyer to rectify any error prior to confirmation of any purchase
- issue an acknowledgment and receipt for the sale transaction, without any undue delay
Have more questions? Submit a request by clicking the green help button right side, bottom