Akta Perlindungan Pengguna 1999
Our Malaysian government has make an effort to protect the rights of online buyer from fraud during shopping online by making a compulsory for online seller to disclose their business information. Thus, an act called “Peraturan Perlindungan Pengguna (Urus Niaga Perdagangan Elektronik) 2012″ has been introduced and immediately enforced by 1 July 2013.
As an online sellers or merchants, your are compulsory to display your business information to buyer, that are :
1. The name of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through a website or in an online marketplace, or the name of the business, or the name of the company.
2. The registration number of the business or company, if applicable.
3. The e-mail address and telephone number, or address of the person who operates a business for the purpose of supply of goods or services through a website or in an online marketplace.
4. A description of the main characteristics of the goods or services.
5. The full price of the goods or services including transportation costs, taxes and any other costs.
6. The method of payment.
7. The terms and conditions.
8. The estimated time of delivery of the goods or services to the buyer.
Does using senangPay comply with the act?
YES. All related information that online seller need to disclose to their buyer is already in the Universal / Unique Payment Form, provided they supply the information needed and the information supplied is true and not a fake.
Have more questions? Submit a request by clicking the green help button right side, bottom.
Last updated : 20.03.2017